This is a newly created role with an incredible amount of potential for what the right candidate can do in the current position as well as the potential career path.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The primary focus of this position is to locate and contact potential prospective business customers, discuss their email marketing campaign program, and move them through the sales process to final purchase. You will search for your own leads, and some leads will be provided to you. The work is challenging, and you will be financially rewarded for your efforts with a highly leveraged sales plan. The position requires someone who is a respectful communicator, tenacious, and driven to succeed. You will be researching by phone and internet, to learn who the decision makers are, and have business conversations with them.
Although we are looking for successful, experienced salespeople, ClickMail will provide in-depth product training and sales training, which will focus on a base of knowledge that allows you to talk at a business level to senior executives, using a proven method for dramatically shortening the sales cycle. You'll no longer have to rely on the old "features and functions" product push used by so many sales organizations.
Sales and outreach duties include, but are not limited to:
The majority of the work will be a combination of following up with leads generated by the company, as well as calling target organizations to discover the names and titles of those people involved in the decision making process to purchase ClickMail's services.
The most important part of the work will be to engage in a business conversation about email marketing with the initial sales leads (we call them "Sponsors"), who are empowered to influence the final decision makers.
Lead discussions on the business value of state-of-the-art email marketing campaigns and either complete the sale, or transition the lead to a Business Development Representative.
Participate in extensive internet and telephone research of new industry segments.
Sales support and administrative work to include, but not limited to:
- Internet research to enhance ClickMail's internal contact database.
- Maintain activity records of calls and research in salesforce.com.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:- Minimum of five years of overall professional experience.
- Minimum of three years of proven, successful sales related experience.
- Experience with telephone prospecting, selling to businesses.
- Prior, effective formal sales training is helpful. Interest and willingness to learn and implement additional, effective sales training.
- Experience recording sales activity using a CRM or customer database.
- Ability to navigate through a sales and business conversation, overcoming objections, while highlighting value and return on investment.
- Successful experience identifying and closing sales targets.
- Clear understanding of the normal sales process and ability to handle and learn from "rejection." We don't expect you to be a robot, but we do expect that you have already passed this obstacle in your sales career. We will, however, continue to train and coach you to improve your skills to avoid roadblocks to success.
ATTRIBUTES/CAPABILITIES:- Interested in selling and understanding of the challenge.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Enthusiasm and drive to consistently perform sales outreach activities.
- Tenacious, persistent, disciplined.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Assertive (not aggressive).
- Self-confident, outgoing.
- Grounded, calm, determined, mature.
- NICE. . .we seek a naturally agreeable, genuinely caring and compassionate person, with a positive outlook and attitude.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Responsive, not reactive. Quick on your feet.
- Goal oriented.
- Very motivated by the value provided by ClickMail to the marketplace.
EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS:- Any/all college education is a plus.
- Prior, effective, formal sales training is helpful.
REWARDS:- Highly leveraged sales plan
- Growth potential to advance to Business Development Representative position.
- Opportunity to work in a growing, entrepreneurial company with excellent training and a supportive team atmosphere.
- Medical/dental /vision coverage, FSA, 401k plan, vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave.
ClickMail Marketing is currently searching for an individual with a passion for email marketing to join our team of Customer Success Managers. As a Customer Success Manager, you will be expected to strengthen and grow our relationship with clients by providing strategic guidance and proactive customer service as the main point of contact for your assigned accounts.
- Assist clients in utilizing the next levels of email sophistication and achieving optimal ROI by providing strategic guidance and expertise.
- Create and calendar campaign timelines; flow content, proactively offer best practice guidance/email layout advice, test and deploy html/text based emails as needed by clients.
- Provide client with in-depth technical research and reporting analysis as needed.
- Receive and answer customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Manage customer campaigns and projects, making suggestions for testing and optimization along the way.
- Follow established internal quality control process for every campaign.
- Supply scheduled internal and external reporting as requested.
- Proactively initiate ideas for growth and overall improvement.
- Participate in ongoing training.
- Develop and manage client relationships.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Review and analyze project scope and manage client expectations.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional resources to deliver against the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Communicate and negotiate the feasibility and timing of rush/one-off campaigns (in accordance with SLA).
- Ability to identify, escalate and provide updates to customers affected by any technical issues (in accordance with SLA).Manage existing customer renewals and upsell opportunities.
- Track all interactions with clients in CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Email Marketing and 5 years’ experience in Marketing.
- Strong technical aptitude required.
- Proficient skills in Outlook, Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, Dreamweaver (good html editing skills), and Social Media.
- Working knowledge of top-tier Email Service Provider Platforms. Knowledge of one or more of the following platforms a plus: ExactTarget, BlueHornet, and Lyris HQ.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practices, deliverability, and strategy.
- Able to identify platform issues, analyze potential deliverability/optimization problems, and offer/implement solutions independently.
- Able to research and resolve customer inquiries by taking ownership of the inquiry/issue, engage the appropriate resources, and drive to closure.
- Professional customer service attitude, enthusiastic, reliable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize workloads accordingly to meet targeted objectives.
Experience in customer relationship management to effectively manage communications, conflicts, identify operational issues/risks, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and monitor and measure client satisfaction
Competitive salary and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation plus holiday and sick time.
About ClickMail Marketing
ClickMail sells and customizes enterprise Email Service Provider (ESP) solutions. We deliver platform-specific technology expertise that makes enterprise ESPs perform at their peak.
Our clients include e-commerce retailers, online gaming companies, large associations and consumer electronic companies that need advanced email technologies and strategies to drive relevance and ROI.
ClickMail is a Platinum ExactTarget Reseller Partner and Blue Hornet Gold Partner.
ClickMail is a four-time and current honoree on the Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America. We're also on the San Jose and San Francisco Business Journal's Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
ClickMail is headquartered in San Mateo, CA.
To be considered for this position, submit your résumé to email@example.com.
ClickMail Marketing offers the nation's largest selection of email service providers (ESPs), with over two dozen of the leading ESPs from which to choose.
This allows us to work with our customers to meet their eMarketing requirements with products and services from industry leading technologies supplied by our vendor partners.
Our Business Development Managers use their extensive industry knowledge, contacts, consultative and selling skills to create and nurture trusted relationships with our customers and our partners. Our satisfied customers, partners and high retention rate result in profitable relationships and recurring revenue that span years.
This longer term customer view and collaboration with multiple industry leaders makes ClickMail unique. We support this by offering a commission plan that is designed to reward both the production of new relationships and the development of long term ones. We pay more in commission and over a longer period of time than anyone in the industry.
Our industry attracts numerous competitors because it is the most cost-effective form of direct marketing and it is, by far, the way people prefer to be marketed to. ClickMail Marketing seeks sales and marketing professionals that are self-motivated, with a passion to be successful by differentiating themselves from the competition every day. Innovation in our industry is rampant so our Business Development Managers must like to learn and stay on top of industry trends. Learning, expertise sharing and collaboration with subject matter experts is essential to maintaining a competitive edge and your customer's trust.
Today's marketer is challenged to demonstrate increasing returns on their company's marketing spend. A successful Business Development Manager combines their business acumen with their knowledge of marketing and technology and applies it to their customer's unique situation to produce sales. Ultimately these investments in marketing technologies must be shown to contribute to customer profitability by reducing costs and increasing revenues. The Business Development Manager is responsible for helping customers justify the costs, proving and improving the return on investment.
Bring your sales skills and your knowledge in email marketing, direct marketing or complementary fields such as online interactive, search, web analytics, CRM, lead generation or marketing communications to contribute to our multi-disciplinary team.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting and identifying customer marketing problems. They qualify opportunities and work with software vendor partners to develop winning proposals. The Business Development Manager will develop and maintain a sales business plan. They will make accurate forecasts and consistently meet or exceed sales booking quotas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Within 90 days, must demonstrate the ability to understand products and sales process, develop a preliminary business plan and generate sufficient opportunities to meet or exceed quarterly quotas.
- Self-generate and close opportunities within a defined geographic territory or market segment(s).
- Generate opportunities through prospecting and following up on leads supplied by marketing.
- Support sponsored events and lead generation via networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Meet and exceed all monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Own the sales process - from lead generation through contract booking and hand-off to account management.
- Maintain accurate account information and opportunity forecasting using Salesforce.com CRM.
- Maintain knowledge of key industry trends and products by attending industry events and vendor partner training.
- Develop and review annual and quarterly quota attainment plans.
- Support marketing plans to generate leads from tradeshows and networking events.
- College degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of quota bearing software sales experience
- Current relationships and knowledge of market in assigned territory.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills; exceptional listening skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Thorough computer and internet knowledge
- Experience selling at the "C" level a plus.
- Marketing experience required, online and email marketing experience a plus.
Salary plus benefits package including medical insurance, vacation plus holiday and sick time.
To be considered for this position, submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about career opportunities at ClickMail, or to submit your résumé, contact email@example.com.